Can you say that three times fast? We had a go and couldn’t do it without fits of laughter! This recipe was e-mailed to me by Campbell’s Kitchen. If you are not a subscriber it’s pretty cool they send you recipes and coupons. Campbell’s Kitchen is not paying me for this post.
Pasta Pizza Pie
from Campbell's Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 35 min.
Stand Time: 5 min.
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 of a 1-pound package tri-color or plain corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini) (about 2 1/2 cups), cooked and drained
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
1 1/2 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Tomato, Basil & Garlic Italian Sauce
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with the cooking spray.
2. Heat the oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until they're tender and the liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat.
3. Stir the egg, milk, pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in a medium bowl. Spread the pasta mixture on the pizza pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Spread the sauce over the pasta crust. Top with the onion mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad with walnuts and red wine vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad.
Makes: 4 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each).
These are the ingredients I added simply to sneak some veggies into the dish. I also added the meat for extra protein it was not called for in the recipe. You can make this meal complete like we did with a nice green salad and fruit salad for dessert.
TaDa! The kiddos give this meal four stars so it will be put into the rotation. Mommy gives it four starts as well because it was fast and easy.